Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Press Release

A number of homes in Dublin Street, Blackpool are without gas supply for a second day.
Sinn Féin Cork North Central Cllr. Thomas Gould has been assured by Bord Gais that there are no safety issues with gas supply to Blackpool after they confirmed that there was only a localised problem with the supply of gas to a number of houses on Dublin Street, in Blackpool.

I was informed by Bord Gais of the problem after I contacted them yesterday evening. I was told that at 11am yesterday Bord Gais were notified that there was a problem with the gas supply to two houses in the Dublin Street area of Blackpool. After further investigation Bord Gais found that there was water in the gas pipe and the problem affected more houses than originally reported.

A Bord Gais crew spent over 14 hours working there yesterday and they have assured both myself and the residents concerned that there are no safety issues and that they will have two crews on site at 7.30am this morning to resolve the problem.
I have been informed by Bord Gais that they have supplied heaters and cooking facilities to all the residents that required them.

The Bord Gais engineers will now have to locate the source of how water is getting into the pipe, seal it and then finally remove the remaining water out of the gas pipe. I wish to congratulate Board Gais for the quick response and action taken to care for the residents’ wellbeing and safety especially during such freezing weather conditions. Having said this, I am concerned as to how the water got into the pipe initially and I await the outcome.
If I you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile 087-3021551 or email: thomasgouldsf@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment