Thursday, June 9, 2011

O’Brien Appointed to Key Dáil Committees

O’Brien Appointed to Key Dáil Committees

Sinn Féin TD Jonathan O’Brien has been appointed to the Dáil Committee on Justice, Equality and Defence, and to the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform.

Welcoming the announcement, Deputy O’Brien said:

“I am delighted to have been appointed to two such important committees, where I will be able to influence legislation on issues that are of critical importance.”

“I plan to use my position on the Justice, Equality and Defence Committee to campaign for greater consistency is sentencing, reform of the judiciary, and increased support for communities in the fight against drugs.”

“My position on the Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform will give me an opportunity to resist government attacks on the public service while putting forward suggestions to bring about genuine improvements in how it operates.”

For further information or comment contact Deputy Jonathan O’Brien @ 085-2133907

No comments:

Post a Comment