Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mick Nugent Co-opted to City Council

Mick Nugent Co-Opted to City Council


Cork City Council tonight co-opted Mick Nugent to fill the vacancy left by the election of Jonathan O’Brien to the Dáil.

A life-long republican, Mick Nugent is chair of the Cork Comhairle Ceanntair of Sinn Féin and worked as Jonathan O’Brien’s campaign manager during the recent election.

Speaking after his co-option, Cllr Nugent said:

“I am deeply honoured to become a member of Cork City Council representing Sinn Fein. This is a proud moment for me.”

“In taking up my position, I draw inspiration from men like Tomás MacCurtain and Terence Mac Swiney who previously sat in this council chamber.”

“I want to work and build relationships with everybody in the council, elected members and council officials alike.”

“The people of the North West Ward deserve the best representation possible, and I will do my best to provide it. They have been ably represented by Jonathan O’Brien for eleven years. If I fulfil my role on the council as well as he has done I won’t go far wrong.”

“Finally, I would like to thank my family and my colleagues in Sinn Féin for their support.”

For further information or comment contact Cllr Mick Nugent @ 087-6755793

No comments:

Post a Comment